Sunday, 29 April 2012

My New Baby ~ Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

After having my trusty Nokia N95 for over for years, I decided that I wanted a change of phone. As I was relying on symbian software and a slow running device.

My cousin notified me of the Nokia Lumia 710 being sold for almost half of it's price, and I was so close to buying it, but something told me that I should keep looking around at other phones.

And I found it.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro.
What sold me on this was that it ran on Android software, (which runs many phones these days, eg HTC's and Samsung Galaxys). I know quite a few people with Android phones, and they always compare it to iPhones and say it's much better... I can't really decide which one is best, as I have both an Android and an iPod Touch 4.0 so I will see which is best ha :D


This is when I was opening the packaging:


When I got it, it came in a plastic bag thing, but I already had a play around with the phone.

As you can see, this phone is quite tiny compared to an iPhone.

The back has a type of case that won't get scratched. Which is really good. I'm really prone to getting my devices scratched ffs.

The QWERTY keyboard that slides out. It might put you off that it looks small, but surprisingly, it's pretty easy to type on this keyboard. It may look small, but it is spacious.

It reminds me of those american Sidekicks...


It came with this USB cable, and plug - so you can hook it up to your computer to charge, or plug it in to a socket. I find these so handy! So I'm able to charge it up when I'm at a computer.


It came with these headphones... handy :)

This is the security thing... you can either put in a passcode or a pattern. I've never had a pattern thing before so I chose this haha.

OMG I found this app on there! My absolute favourite photoediting app! I love how I can find all of my iPhone apps on here and download them. So far I have this, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype... just the usual stuff.

Comparing the two in size... the N95 is much more bulky.. the Xperia is more slick in design

As you can see, the Xperia is very compact. There's a lot more to this phone that meets the eye, and the fact that it runs fast, smoothly and is able to hold a lot of media and still run quickly, is a major positive!


Now here is the test! As I am really into photography, I decided to text these two cameras..


As you can see, the colour quality on the Xperia is much more viivd and intense compared to the N95! The only drawback of the Xperia is that it doesnt have any settings, like Macro mode (which I use quite a lot). Other than that, it's good. They are both 5megapixel cameras, so I will do a test later to see which one is better.

Note: The Xperia records in 720p (HD) whereas the N95 doesnt... so that's a definite step up.


Will be back with more updates about the phone! :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Pretty impressive phone ! Especially because you also download all those apps for iPhone !x

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig